The job is on a consultancy basis. Most positions are winter work only. Candidates should be based in Alberta, able to legally work in Canada and willing to work in remote areas. The position pertains geological coring supervision in the field, candidates should have minimum 3 years experience and have a technical degree.
Responsible for supervision of core logging in north-eastern Alberta, including:
- Pick surface casing point;
- Pick core point;
- Supervise coring operations;
- Prepare lithological striplogs
- Core preparation and labelling, preliminary description, boxing and shipping;
- Daily reporting, client liaison;
- Wireline logging coordination and supervision.
- Minimum 3 years experience as geologist in the Western Canadian Sedimentary basin
- Technical degree in earth science;
- Valid Alberta Class 5 drivers licence or equivalent;
- Industry certification/training (H2S Alive, First Aid, WHIMS, TDG, Drug & Alcohol clearance, Defensive Driving);
- Familiar with drilling rig opertions;
- Experience with clastic and/or carbonate lithology;
- Experience in the Athabasca Oil Sands is an asset;
- Good computer skills, including striplog software.
Interested candidates should send resumes to:
Please quote job reference 201310CLG
Closing date: December 31, 2013
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to telephone inquires about the status of your application.